Explore the rich and scenic beauty of Jamaica, followed by a relaxing short visit, reggae-style, at Bamboo Beach. Begin with a scenic drive around St. Ann’s Bay, the site where Christopher Columbus anchored when he first encountered the island in 1494. Drive by a statue of this famous explorer as well as the town’s most prominent political leader, Marcus Garvey. Stop at The Lady of Perpetual Help Church, which dates back to 1534. Admire the foliage draping the exterior and its grand entrance flanked by royal palm trees. Then grab your cameras for an amazing photo stop at High View Point, followed by a drive through the dense rain forest of Fern Gully.
You will then be taken to Bamboo Beach where you will spend 1 –1 ½ hours. Enjoy a welcome drink and listen to reggae music. Settle into a comfy beach chair, swim in the sea, enjoy complimentary WiFi or indulge in a soothing massage. Snorkel and kayak gear rentals are available; additional drinks and lunch are available for purchase at the beach restaurant. There will be a short stop for shopping on the way back to the ship at Culture Touch. This is a store that specializes in offering high quality Jamaican-made products that make great gifts and reminders of your trip. You will be able to purchase unique t-shirts, liquor, organic body products, Jamaican coffee, rum cakes, cigars, and more.
• Visit Jamaica’s historic landmarks and scenic sites, and drive through the rainforest of lush Fern Gully.
• Unwind and relax on a lovely Jamaican beach, sipping a welcome drink on your complimentary beach chair.
• Go for a swim, listen to reggae music, and watch energetic cultural shows.
• Additional drinks and lunch options are available for purchase at the beach restaurant.What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Change of clothes
• Towel (from ship) What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Swimsuit under cover up or light clothing Important Notes:
• Guests in wheelchairs and others limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to negotiate cobblestone, paved, and sand surfaces.
• Sodas, frozen drinks, and food are available for purchase at the beach restaurant.
• Kayak and snorkel rentals available.
• Soothing cliff massages can be booked at the spa tent.
• Guests must be 18 years old in order to consume alcohol.
• Avoid alcohol before water activities.
• Free Wi-Fi available.
• Souvenir store on the beach offers high-quality logo items, t-shirts, hand-rolled Cuban cigars, Blue Mountain Coffee, jewelry, and more.